The purpose of this project was to bring an artistic element to the topics we studied in our class. The reason we chose to do a movie was because we thought it would an interactive way for people to see the things we learned and it would actively engage the audience. During this project we covered topics including, Meiosis, Mitosis, DNA replication, Genetic Mutations and many more. The Goal of this project was to get a better understanding of subject we covered and to learn how to make a movie and wok together to put it together, Overall I feel that I was able to accomplish this, there were some times throughout the project where I did feel a bit behind content wise but by the end I was able to feel caught up. I think that our class originally struggled to meet our goal but in the last two weeks of our movie production everyone had interests in participating and learning. At the end everyone really contributed and put forth a lot of effort to create a beautiful exhibition. In the project I feel something I personally did well was help with communication between the different task groups. The class in my opinion did a really good job of realizing the things that we needed to change for our project to be productive and then find a way to solve it. A big problem I faced personally was coordinating filming with the other filmer, it was hard to talk about different camera angles and styles we were both using and decided who would bring specific gear in. A challenge that became problematic for our class as a whole was all being productive, we would be in certain situations were one group of people would be working on something but another group wasn't, This was due to our poor planning, many of the tasks we needed done relied on the completion of other tasks. To prevent these situations from happening again we could have planned in advanced and worked on communicating better with people in different groups. For our class I think that the collaboration we used was when we all worked together to put a very last minute concept together for our exhibition. We all found something to do that would contribute to the class. Everyone was working because they wanted to make the exhibition look good, we all had a common interest. In this project I think I contributed by providing directions and filming, I was able to bring a creative aspect/perspective to the production of the movie and exhibition planning. If I could change something about my own approach to collaboration I would've tried to more activity involve myself in others work so I could learn new skills. Something I would change about the project would be to have moe time on the movie. Overall, I really liked the concept behind making a movie and I think all of our movies could have been a more time to plan. I really liked the project in all, I loved the idea of making a video because it engages the audience. I would leave this part of the project the same and give students more resources to research more subject matter and filming skills.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.